Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Yin and Yang of Technology


I found these two articles that look at "both sides of the coin".  I found them to be quite opposite of each other in nature, though written by the same person.  The first offers Tech Tips for Teachers.  This is a timely find, considering one of the group projects we were recently assigned in class was to create a Literacy Toolkit, that included many of the tools mention in the article.
The other reference a "Luddite" type of retreat from technology.  If you don't know what Luddite refers to (which I didn't until reading this article and then googling it), it refers to those opposed to industrialization, new technologies, computerization, etc.  The term is based upon the Luddites of the 19th Century, which was a social movement among British textile artisans who objected to many of the changes created by the industrial revolution, usually by destroying mechanized looms.

No comments:

Post a Comment