Monday, July 5, 2010

A Whole New World

Technology is everywhere.  It is in our homes, our cars, at our workplaces, in our schools, and even in our pockets.  Technology has evolved so much in so little time.  Just in the matter of a century, we went from communicating through writing...to the first telephone...to rotary dial phones...to push button phones...to cell phones the size of bricks...to cellphones we could carry in our pockets... to cellphones that do more than let us talk to and hear another person, now they let us browse the internet, send email, update Facebook and Twitter, play games, listen to music, maintain business accounts, etc.
As a class, we were to consider our LoTi (level of technology integration/implementation).  There are seven levels, increasing in complexity, level of thinking, and orientation as you move from level 0 to level 6.  Most educators are at level 3 and below.  However, as we move toward more authentic ways for our students to demonstrate learning, the level moves up.
I look forward to integrating technology into my future classroom.  There are so many resources available to entice the creativity of our students, and methods for them to express their learning.  I know initially my lessons will fall within the lower levels, but over time, as my comfort level with technology increases and my understanding of my students develops, I know I can reach to those higher levels, and encourage my students to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment