Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Picture and a Thousand Words

My final project for Literacy & Technology was about Teaching Literacy with PicLits.  I chose this project because a break in classes I attended a webinar through Classroom 2.0 about the use of Piclits in the classroom.  And my professor for this class also happened to be in attendance.  I felt it the most fitting project for me.  Piclits is a wonderful site and can be used in so many ways to develop the writing, communication, and expression skills of students.  I've shared my presentation on SlideShare, or you can view it below...

I am currently in the process of adding a voice recording to the presentation.  Once that is done, I will update this entry.  Until then, here are some items that were not included in the presentation (purposely-I have to have something to talk about) but are just as important:
  • If you choose to use Freestyle, it does also offer word suggestions to help get your thoughts started. Don't like what you see? Just click more and a Word Gallery appears.
  • Teach Web 2.0  is a wiki created by a group of teachers, exploring ways to integrate Web 2.0 technologies into their classrooms (Sound familiar?). I recommend checking out the entire wiki; they offer a plethora of technologies that we have not yet been exposed to.
  • PicLits is upgrading and adding new features: ability to search and tag; Print (no more need to screenshot); contests for members; and a Club PicLits offering extra features.
  • There are other sites that offer similar features. ROLFBOT, PICFONT, and Tags Maker. I discuss the features of each in more detail on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment