After learning about so many usable, unique, interactive, free, and fun technologies through the course of the last five weeks, I am hooked! I can not wait to further explore all the websites that I have bookmarked throughout this course and think of ways to integrate them into the classroom. That is one of the most important things in the use of technology in the classroom. It must enhance teaching and learning, not do it for you, or distract from the real meaning of a lesson, or waste valuable time for both teacher and student. That leads to the other thing I will do with these sites. I will explore them. I will become knowledgeable in how to navigate them. I can not walk into a classroom expecting my students to use technology that I do not understand myself. It would again lead to distracting from the real meaning of the lesson and/or wasting valuable time for my students and me.

No comments:
Post a Comment