The first couple of weeks for General Methods we have been reviewing what we had learned previously in Curricular Planning. It's a good thing, too. Not practicing the various models, strategies, and methods on an almost daily basis as a teacher, it is easy to not immediately recall each of these. However, after reviewing them through readings and discussions, they are becoming as clear to me as they had become by the end of the Curricular Planning class. Not to mention writing goals and objectives... It's almost like riding a bike. Once you have learned them, although time may pass, it just takes a little refresher, and it is all there. Learning how to retrieve the information from our long-term memory...that reminds me of the Behavioral Model of Learning. And that is what my chance at teaching the class will be about. I am working with Dr. Smirnova and a classmate to create a presentation for the class. I'll let you know more about it once it is complete; I don't want to spoil it for anyone taking the class with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment