Saturday, May 8, 2010

I've conquered Brunner's Pyramid!

Sixteen weeks ago, I walked into one of my first graduate level classes, as well as one of my first education classes (my undergraduate degree was in Business Administration).  I left there feeling overwhelmed, anxious, flabbergasted, lost... I could go on.
Now, sixteen weeks later, with the guidance of Dr. Smirnova, the assistance of my classmates, and my own determination to make a difference, all those feelings are gone.  I have moved up Bruner's Pyramid of Knowledge from facts to metacognition.  I have learned how to apply theories, techniques, models, methods, and strategies.
We presented our Resource Unit Plans to Dr. Smirnova and our classmates last night.  It was an beautiful evening shared with people that have become much more than classmates.  Our Resource Unit Plans were our culminating project for the class.  Each of us have lost numerous hours of sleep creating our projects.  We have poured our souls into our works of art.  And we should all be so very proud of ourselves... for pushing through when times got tough...for our hard work and dedication...for being so utterly creative and resourceful...
I look forward to seeing Dr. Smirnova, and many of my classmates, not only in a summer course I have signed up for, but also in "Methods" class in the fall.  More adventures and knowledge to share...


No comments:

Post a Comment