Charlie Brown?...No More!!!

For most of the semester so far, I have felt at moments that I was in Charlie Brown's classroom. This statement is made in no way to offend my professor; it is more a reflection of how my brain was processing what she was teaching. In last night's class we were presented a visual of the correlation between all that we have learned so far, and that light bulb went on above my head. Before that, I would sit in class, hearing what was being said, taking my notes, but in my brain hearing "Wah wah wah wah wah wah"(imagine hearing Charlie Brown's teacher talk). After each class I would go home, log into Moodle, and review. Most of the time it helped clarify enough to get through to the next week. Again, back to the light bulb, last night's class helped clear that all up. I get the connections. Through the semester we learned about the different levels of learning, planning and teaching. Each of these were presented in the form of a triangle, with the most basic level at the bottom, and increasing in complexity as you went higher in the triangle. Bruner's triangle of learning aligns with Bloom's Taxonomy (triangle of planning), and both of these align with Joyce and Weil's triangle of teaching methods.
No comments:
Post a Comment